How Do We Collect Personal Information?
We collect personal information about you in a number of ways including:
- Information you provide. When you open a VIP account you will be asked to provide various information including your name, address, telephone number(s), email address and possibly credit card details before you are able to use the service.
- Information automatically collected. Our systems capture details about the origination and destination numbers of calls you make as well as the date, time and duration of each of your calls. When your computer Web browser accesses our Web site we automatically receive your IP address which we require to ensure that information is only passed to the customer who requested it. We will also set cookies (small data files) on your computer when you access our Web site to ensure that as you move from Web page to Web page our system knows who you are and provides only information related to your specific account.
- Information from other sources. We may also obtain personal information about you from other sources. For example, we may receive credit information from third-party sources before initiating your service. We may also purchase personal information (for example, e-mail lists, postal mail lists, demographic and marketing data) from third parties.
- Our website may also use a website recording service which may record mouse clicks, mouse movements, page scrolling and any text keyed into website forms. Data collected by this service is used to improve our website usability. The information collected is stored and is used for aggregated and statistical reporting, and is not shared with anybody else.
How Do We Use Personal Information?
We use personal information for a variety of business purposes, including for example, verifying your identity, to respond to your requests for service or assistance, to resolve problems with our services, to create and improve products and services, to suggest additional or different products or services and to protect our rights and property. We may also use personal information to contact you about VIP or third party products, services, and offers that we believe you will find of interest. We may contact you by telephone call, text message, postal mail, e-mail, or other methods. You may opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us at any time as outlined below.
How Can You Limit the Use of Your Personal Information?
Do We Share Your Personal Information?
We do not sell, rent, or otherwise provide your personal information to unaffiliated third-parties except where we believe in good faith such disclosure is necessary to comply with the law or respond to legal process (for example, lawful subpoena or court order), to enforce or apply agreements, to initiate, render, bill, and collect for services and products, to protect our rights or property, in connection with claims, disputes, or litigation, to protect users of our services and other carriers or providers from fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful use of, or subscription to, such services, to facilitate or verify the appropriate calculation of taxes, fees, or other obligations due to a local, state, or federal government or if we determine disclosure is necessary in an emergency situation.
How Do I Access My Information?
You may access and modify your personal information by visiting www.joinvip.com
or by contacting our Customer Service Center on 1-800-836-5004 and providing the necessary security information to allow access to your account information.
VIPConnect Mobile App
VIPConnect, our mobile app for Android and iPhone, requests access to your phone's contact list so it can be used in the 'Contacts' section in the app. You must allow this access in order to dial saved international contacts from VIPConnect.
Customer Proprietary Network Information (CPNI)
Customer Proprietary Network Information, or CPNI, is a subset of personal information that is created in connection with the telecommunications services that we provide to you. CPNI includes, for example, call records, the services you have with us and certain information about your rate plans and the features that you use. CPNI does not include your name, address, and phone number. Under federal law, you have a right, and we have a duty, to protect the confidentiality of your CPNI and we have adopted policies and procedures designed to ensure compliance with those rules. We will never intentionally disclose your CPNI to unaffiliated third-parties, except as allowed under FCC rules, applicable law, or as explained in this policy. We may however, with your permission, disclose CPNI to affiliated companies for marketing purposes.
You have the right under federal law, at any time, to restrict our use or disclosure of and access to your CPNI. You may restrict:
- VIP's use of your CPNI for marketing purposes
- VIP from sharing your CPNI with affiliated companies
You may inform us of any decision to change access to your CPNI using any of the methods set forth above in 'How Can You Limit the Use of Your Personal Information?' Please remember that, should you deny us permission to use your CPNI, we will be prevented from providing you with information regarding our other services or services offered by our affiliates.
You have the right to disapprove, and revoke or limit access to your CPNI at any time and at no cost. Your decision will remain effective until you change it and at no time will any decision to deny approval affect the provision of VIP services to which you currently subscribe.
Please do not call us to change your CPNI access.
Customer Service Monitoring
We may monitor and record phone calls, e-mails, or other communications between you and our Customer Service representatives or other employees for training and quality assurance purposes and to review specific transaction requests.
Other Governing Terms
This policy does not modify or alter any applicable agreement you have with VIP. For example our Terms and Conditions govern your use of our services and the VIP Web site. If this policy conflicts with the Terms and Conditions, the Terms and Conditions
govern to the extent of the inconsistency.
Changes to This Policy
If we are forced to modify this policy due to changes in legislation or for any other reason we will notify you in writing and/or via email at least 35 days prior to such changes being implemented. In addition you may wish to refer to this policy for the latest information and the effective date of any changes.
How to Contact Us
If you have any questions or comments about this policy or about VIP's privacy practices, please call Customer Service 1-800-836-5004 or e-mail us message to [email protected]
. You may also direct your privacy-related comments or questions to:
VIP Communications, Inc.
Attn: Customer Service
45189 Research Pl Suite 100
Ashburn, VA 20147-2694
Additional information regarding privacy of information is available from the FCC via the Internet at www.fcc.gov
, telephone 1-888-CALL-FCC (1-888-225-5322) or mail at the following address:
Federal Communications Commission
Consumer & Governmental Affairs Bureau
Consumer Inquiries and Complaints Division
445 12th Street, SW
Washington, DC 20554