- Download and install the VIP V2 app for your smartphone device:
- After launching the app for the first time, follow the prompts to verify your phone number and setup the app for your VIP account.
- After tapping the 'Start the App' button, you are ready to start calling.
How to Make Calls with VIP V2
From Contacts Screen
- Navigate to the contacts screen in the app
- To find a contact quickly, use the search feature at the top to locate a contact by name
- Tap the 3 dots on a contact and then select your calling option - WiFi/Mobile Data or Dial with Access number.
- The app with do all the work while you wait for the call to connect
From Keypad Screen
- Navigate to the Keypad Screen which looks like a phone dialer
- Dial the international phone number in the following format: 011 + Country Code + Number
Example: 011 251 912345678
- Select the calling option(WiFi/Mobile Data or Dial with Access number) and wait for the call to connect
Calling Method: WiFi/Mobile Data vs Access Number
Dial Using WiFi/Mobile Data
This option uses a mobile internet connection to connect with the VIP network which provides excellent quality with a strong signal. If you don't have access to WiFi, Mobile Data will be used instead.
Dial Using Access Number
When you don't have access to WiFi or Mobile Data, our app will connect with the VIP network by dialing an access number with your phone plan. The VIP access number is automatically dialed for you and this method is referred to as Call-Through.
NOTE: Please be advised that we strongly recommend you DO NOT use this app when roaming internationally. The app is designed for use ONLY in the country where your mobile phone is based. The Call-Through option using an access number is only for use within the U.S.
If you have any questions about our mobile app, please reference our VIP V2 FAQs for more information.